The flooring choice nowadays of many homeowners in their living rooms, kitchens, and bathrooms is using tiles. Tiles have become the better and more durable alternative to carpets. They are easy to clean, durable, and, best of all, provide a classy look to any room in the home.
However, over time, tile floors can show wear and tear. The tile floor becomes unsightly when they show staining and discolouration due to the buildup of grime and dirt.
Tile discolouration and staining are caused by:
- Easy absorption of spills by the porous grout
- Exposure to liquid spills, dirt, and dust every day
- The buildup of soap scum from bathing, mopping and showering
- Mildew and mould growth from lack of ventilation and high moisture levels
Maintaining Tile Floors
Tile floors become dirty and dull even when they are regularly mopped and swept. The sparkle of the tiles can be maintained with extra loving care. Maintaining the lustre of your tile floors needs the following methods:
- Discolouration of the tiles or grout is avoided when spills are immediately cleaned up
- Debris and dirt can be kept off the tiles when they are regularly vacuumed or swept
- Rinse the tiles with water after mopping them with detergent
- Sealant on the tiles can become damaged when harsh cleansers or chemicals such as bleach is used to clean them
- Preventing the growth of mildew and mould and leftover soap scum means wiping down or rinsing off the bath tiles after every bathing or showering
Natural Methods of Tile Cleaning
A few items on your pantry can do wonders in putting back the sparkle to your tile floors. Tile cleaning can easily become a DIY job with the help of natural products that are commonly found in the pantry.
Citrus and White Vinegar Cleaning Solution
In a closed container, mix a quart of white vinegar and citrus peel (orange or lemon). Let the mixture sit for two weeks before transferring it to s spray bottle half-mixed with water. The solution will not only make the home smell great; it will also make your floor tiles sparkle and shine.
Baking soda for removing stains
Baking soda is a great natural remedy for removing stains from tile floors. Mixing 2 gallons of very warm water, ¼ cup white vinegar, ¼ cup baking soda, and 1 tablespoon liquid dish soap gives you an awesome cleaning solution that can remove stains and bring back the lustre of your tile floors. Using this solution every time you mop your tile floors makes them look their best at all times.
Bacteria removal solution
Keeping off harmful bacteria and keeping your tile floors clean as well is achieved by mixing a gallon of warm water with a capful of mouthwash. Using this mixture works best on vinyl or tile floors.
Hire professional help
Cleaning your tile floors is not an easy and fun task. Cleaning the grout and ensuring them to become bacteria, mould, and dirt-free requires painstaking and messy work. The best option is to let professional cleaners handle the messy job.
Grout and tile cleaning can be a DIY chore if you have the time and patience for it. While hiring professional tile cleaners is an extra expense, the sight of clean and sparkling tile floors is worth the cost. Get your tiles cleaned by All Seasons Carpet Cleaning.